The Special Ingredient - How To Make Offers & Programs Like Marie Kondo
Marie is no ordinary "organizer"... Or at least that's not how she is perceived.
There is a special ingredient in her success that can make you the MK of your space:
Marie has a system to create the value she creates for people and to make it easy for people to see the value of working with her.
If you haven’t seen her Netflix show, take half an hour and watch season 1, episode 1.
I even wrote down how they introduce Marie in this first episode because it’s an example in action of what you could create for your business:
“Marie Kondo is a bestselling author and tidying expert dedicated to inspiring the world to choose joy with the Konmarie method.”
As soon as the show starts, Marie starts talking about her mission and by giving a simple overview of her method.
Something I love is that she immediately gives people hope by letting them know that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that they'll get there no matter how impossible and chaotic everything looks now. (And, of course, she delivers on her promise episode after episode).
Marie Kondo is by far not the only organizer in the world but notice how her system puts her in a totally different category. This is what’s also possible for your work.
What can a system do for you?
- It makes it easy for people to say yes.
- It positions you as a Leading Authority in your field of expertise.
- It allows you to impact more people with your work.
- It gives you time freedom.
- It allows you to reach more people.
- It can be turned into a whole business where you serve people at different levels.
- And more… but I guess I’ll stop my rant here.
What can a system do for your clients?
- It gives them confidence where very often they have lost it. (A lot of people who have been struggling with a certain issue for some time have tried different solutions before. They feel they have failed and they have lost confidence).
- It gives them hope and certainty that you know how to take them from point A to point B and that this time they will cross the proverbial finish line.
- It makes it easy for them to commit. Commitment and engagement in any activity as human beings very often lead to great results.
- And more… but you get the picture.
Packaging your value
What should I sell? Sessions? Intensives? Courses?
Once you have uncovered your own method to your madness, you can put it in different formats. Marie Kondo offers the very same system in her books, in the TV show and even in her certification programs. Genius!
Packaging Tip - Uncover the value you provide with your offering and after that explore what would be the best "box" to put it into. Not the other way around. Don't start with the box. Start with the transformation you bring to the table.
I'll leave you with this question: what if there were a method to your madness?
Till next time, remember... your awesomeness is portable. You can take it with you anywhere and everywhere.
PS. - Want help to uncover the method to your madness, package it and price it into brilliant offers? The Brilliant Offer Design Playbook could be exactly what you need (and not how you think). See for yourself here.