Is It Time To Publish A Book For Your Business?
A book with the specific goal of growing your business is a terrific strategy...
It has to be done at the right time of a business.
NOTE - Books have helped me and my clients grow, reach more people and open all sorts of doors.
It's a perhaps the sexiest strategy.
Let's start with the easiest way to decide if it's time for a book...
When It Is NOT A Great Time To Write A Book
1. You don't know how to help people.
If you are not clear how you are able to add value, then it's obviously not a great time.
NOTE - If you have many ways of helping people, then it's a question of choosing one to start.
2. When you think you'll base your business growth on the sales of the books
Sadly, most books don't get many sales. And it's not in the sales of books where the business growth lies.
3. When you feel you "should" write a book
They tell us a lot of things we "should" be doing. We "should" have podcasts, blogs, events, courses...
And the list goes on and on.
When It Makes Business Sense To Publish A Book
1. When you know how to help people and you are ready to step up as a resource for the people you can help the most.
2. When you find yourself answering the same questions again and again.
3. When you know it's time to be seen, respected and paid as a Leading Authority.
NOTE - Leading Authority Positioning is nothing else but to show up as the educator and champion for the success of the people you can help. (It's not about self proclaiming oneself the "expert").
IMPORTANT BUSINESS CONSIDERATION - Would your business benefit from attracting high-value clients?
What if I'm just starting out?
Your business can be new and still very valuable.
Remember when Apple was new?
The question is... does it add value?
"To add value means to take a person closer to the outcomes they desire" - Me
If I had the cure for cancer, should I not write the book because I'm new and nobody knows me?
ONE LAST QUESTION
Do you want to publish a book?
Till next time, remember... your awesomeness is portable. You can take it with you anywhere and everywhere.